Click HERE for more information.
March 28th 2014
- This is a campsite far off the beaten track. You have to climb 5000ft for about 7 miles to get to the campground. It is a bit steep in places and it takes about 50 minutes to get to the top from the main road. You will need to drive very slowly. Do not go without appropriate tires and chains in the winter.
- There are 6 spaces there with picnic tables and fire rings. There is also a toilet, but no water.
- You will need to get a fire permit if you want a fire.
HERE is the link to the directions
- Culp Valley is in the San Ysidro Mountains west of Borrego Springs, 3,375 feet above sea level.
- It is free and no reservations are required. Dogs are allowed, but of course they must be kept on a leash at all times.
- The only facilities available are vault toilets, without any water to wash your hands.
- It is very quiet and you are surrounded by beautiful boulders and perfect peaks.
- You can have a campfire, but only in a fire pit with sides ( no ground fires). You are not allowed to forage for wood, you must bring your own.
- Directions and other information to Culp Valley Campground.